Powered By Blogger
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." ~St. Augustine

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Romanian Conclusions

As I look back on my Romanian adventure I've drawn up a few conclusions that need to be blogged


1. Our Hostel suck
- I've stated at few others before, this was by far the worst. No breakfast, awful job with laundry, uncomfortable beds, 1 cm thick pillows.....you get the picture. Only perks were awesome receptionists, cheap beer, and TV's in the room.


2. There is Dog Shit everywhere
- Seriously people, pick up after your mutt. Oh wait! I forgot, the majprity of dogs are strays


3. Radu Cristea is the man
- Hands down. The man set basically everything up for us, introduced us to some of the top entrepreneurs in cluj, has an insane career path story, can speak every language of the earth, rented out a bar for us multiple times, and is probably a spy


4. Romania has the hottest girls ever
- The standard Romanian Chick 5-6 level on the Bro code of hotness translate to a 9-10 back in the US


5. Hookka bars are the best way to chill
- Nothing can compare to having a drink and smoking a hookka in a laid back setting with a group of peers. Conveniently one was located just outside our hostel. A great way to unwind from a taxing day.


6. Going out with a ton of $$$ rocks
- I lived off of what Sears gave me with over 700 Lei to spare upon my departure, and believe me I ate and drank well.


7. Now is the time to go
- If for some reason you have a burning desire to travel to Romania, I urge you to go soon. The country is converting to the Euro in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment