Powered By Blogger
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." ~St. Augustine

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Adventure Begins....

Many emotions are going through my head right now. I can't tell if I'm more anxious or excited. I'm embarking on what many have advised as "an experience of a lifetime" to an unknown land by myself.

Most of you may know that my first stop is spent in Cluj-Napoca, Romania as a member of my College's affiliated program. The "class" goals are to meet entrepreneurs who took advantage of the soviet union downfall in 1989 and made millions in their profession. At the same time we'll explore the culture and history of the country. Then in late January, I depart for Rome, Italy for the entire spring semester. I will be in Europe for 4 1/2 months.....the longest I've ever been away from home.
I am amped for such an opportunity! But right now, the anxiety will not cease. I'm leaving a comforting setting to one completely foreign to me. I'm also leaving behind family, many friends, my home,d Good Ole American Meals, bacon cheese burgers with fries. I'm also giving up a spring semester at Hartwick which has been my fond home for the past 2 1/2 years. Dorm life in a suite with double the occupancy, days spent playing just sand volleyball, Kings night Wednesdays, bro-day Thursdays, underage bars, even Moyer frickin Pool (yeah, believe it) are all things I love doing at Hartwick and will surely miss them. It's alot for 4 1/2 months.

On the other hand, I get to live in a lively city, filled with a rich history of once being the capital of the world. I will be able to explore my heritage and fully immerse myself in the land of my ancestors. I will be forced to grasp a new native tongue and will hopefully be able to achieve the respected title of being bi-lingual. I will also have the chance to travel Europe, a land where every state contains a different culture. This journey will test me too the bone.................................
.........................................................................................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................................................................................
......................BRING IT!! LEEEEEEERRRRRRRROOOOOY JEEEENNNNIKKKKKKIIIIIINS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment